Massage Therapy Practice Covid-19 Interim Protocol
Massage Therapy Practice Covid-19 Interim Protocol
***Please note that this interim protocol is in accordance with the May 21st, 2020 guidelines set by the College of Massage Therapists' of British Columbia and the Registered Massage Therapists' Association of British Columbia and are subject to change without warning. I will update as required.
- Reusable drinking glasses and the candy dish have been removed from the clinic. Patients are advised to bring their own bottle of drinking water. Bottled water may be requested if necessary.
- Everything that cannot be sanitized has been removed from the treatment room, including fabric furnishings, books, non-essential décor items, etc.
- A Hepa air purifier will be run in the treatment room before, during (with patient’s consent) and after treatments to improve air quality and flow.
- Our clinic waiting area is closed. The patient will wait in their car or outside of the clinic entrance, while maintaining 2 meters of social distance, until the RMT opens the clinic door for them. The clinic door will remain locked during treatments to avoid others from coming into the clinic.
- The RMT will open and close all doors for the patient to avoid unnecessary contact with doorknobs.
- Patients will attend their appointment unaccompanied and will not be allowed to bring another person to their appointment. Those requiring physical assistance from a caregiver, and/or minors that require parental consent/supervision, will not be treated at this time. If a person from the same household has a scheduled appointment immediately before or after the patient’s appointment, they must wait elsewhere until their scheduled appointment time, as our waiting area remains closed.
- Hand washing/sanitizing and social distancing posters will be displayed in common areas, the treatment room and washroom.
- There will be hand sanitizer and tissues available at the clinic entrance, in the treatment room and in the washroom. Patients will wash for a minimum of 20 seconds and/or sanitize their hands immediately upon entering the clinic and immediately prior to leaving.
- Hands will be sanitized/washed prior to donning/doffing a mask, and the mask will be immediately disposed of. Masks will be worn by the RMT and patient for the duration of the patient’s appointment. Face shields/goggles and gloves are available for “high-risk" patients or if the patient has close contact with high-risk individuals and/or when the patient requests them.
- A clean plastic bin will be provided to place the patient's personal belongings in during the treatment, including clothing, purse, wallet, cell phone, jewelry, etc. The bins will be sanitized between uses.
- Each patient must complete the Covid-19 Self Assessment 24 hours before their scheduled appointment time and report their results to me. If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, your appointment must be rescheduled.
- An initial Covid-19 screening/informed consent form must be completed and signed immediately before your treatment. All appointments will be cancelled, if either the RMT or patient do not pass the screening criteria or consent is not obtained.
- The patient is required to sign a subsequent Covid-19 screening form, prior to the start of each treatment.
- Patients are encouraged to bring and wear their own mask. Masks are mandatory for the full length of your appointment, for both therapist and patient. Disposable masks will be provided to patients as needed (at a cost of $2 per mask) and disposed of in a lined waste bin after a single use.
- Intraoral/extraoral TMJ treatments will not be administered at this time. No contact with the patient’s face is to occur.
- No hydrotherapy devices are permitted to be used at this point, this includes, heating pads and table warmers. Fleece and foam table covers are also not permitted.
- There will be no cash payments accepted. All payments must be contact-less via debit/Visa/Mastercard tap or e-transfer. All treatment receipts will be emailed.
- All points-of-contact in the treatment room will be sanitized between patients, including the massage table, face cradle, oil bottle, light switches, doorknobs, POS machine, tablet, hand sanitizer dispenser, patient’s chair, therapist’s stool, phone, pen, clipboard, desk, etc.
- All blankets, sheets, towels, pillowcases, fleece/flannel face cradle covers and cloth masks will be changed and laundered in hot, soapy water and bleach after each patient.
- All high-contact points in the washroom will be cleaned after each use. This includes doorknobs, light switches, toilet seat/flush handle, toilet paper holder, taps/faucet, sink, soap dispenser, paper towel dispenser.
- All garbage cans will be contact-free and lined with plastic bags. These will be emptied at the end of each day and lined with clean liners.
Health History, Treatment Consent and Covid-19 Forms
New patients please print off, complete the first 2 forms as fully as possible and bring to your appointment to be discussed PRIOR to signing:
- Initial Health History Form
- Treatment Consent Form
- Covid-19 Screening and Consent Form (for review only; to be completed at your appointment)
Subsequent patients, to be completed at your appointment (for review only):
For information regarding my Covid-19 protocol, please select "Book an Appointment"